Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hopping Mad

It finally happened. The thing I have dreading for a very long time has finally happened. Addy fell/jumped out of her crib last night.
It all started with a poopy diaper....nothing good comes from a poopy diaper.  I went into Addy's room about 11:30 last night to make sure she was covered. When I walked in the room, I immediately knew she needed a diaper changing. Toph and I were as careful as possible to keep her asleep as much as possible during the diaper changing, but it didn't work.  Addy was wide awake when it was all said and done. I tried rocking her back to sleep, but she was tossing and turning trying to get comfortable on me. I decided to lay her down in the crib which she did not like at all. By the time I reached the door, Addy was already jumping up and down and screaming. I took 5 steps out of her room when I heard the dreaded thump followed by her saying, "owie", and then the screaming continued.  Toph came running up and checked just about every bone in her body to make sure it wasn't broken. He was VERY concerned. Addy, on the other hand, got over it pretty quick. We took her down to our bed because there was no way I was putting her back in that deathtrap.

 She thought it was pretty cool.
So cool that it was over an hour before she calmed down and went back to sleep

I'm afraid Addy will be jumping out of her crib now just so she can sleep in our bed.

4 comments:

  1. Um yeah, she's a smart girl. Jumping out of bed = time in mom and dad's bed. Even a minor concussion won't stop her now! (It's just a little brain damage--don't worry) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No Stacie! I was just thinking about that today...when our Addie might start trying to climb out of her crib! Thank goodness Addy is ok! I hope you guys can have your bed to yourselves again soon! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D esta hermosa y muy grande :) Yo voy a ser tía en marzo también esperando una hermosa nena.... Te quiero, me alegro que estén tan bien y lindos!!! Les mando un abrazo para todos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I'm waiting for that day too. Know were going hear a thud followed by screaming. But don't start putting her in bed with you, TRUST me its not good. Hard to get em out. Been there, done that!!!

    ReplyDelete