Saturday, March 24, 2012

Road Trip

There are so many reasons I am excited we are having another girl. A lot of those reasons stem from having sisters myself. I'll just name a few reasons why I love having sisters: 1) Phone calls throughout the week just to check in. 2) Phone calls throughout the week to vent about something. 3)Phone calls throughout the week that end up with one of us saying we have to go because a child fell off the chair onto their head, a child needed to be picked up from school five minutes ago, a child will not stop yelling the word marshmallow making it impossible to have a conversation, a child is being beaten up by an older (or possibly younger) sibling, a child's bum needs to be wiped, etc. 4) I will always have someone to leave comments on my blog. 5) When we are able to get together, we have a fun time catching up and pretending that we can go out to eat or shopping without any distractions from kids.
This last week, we were all able to plan a trip to be together for a few days. It had been almost 3 months since we had seen each other which, in our family, is too long. Addy and I left Toph at home and headed up to Utah County to have some fun. The first day led to a few unexpected events which landed me in the hospital for a few hours with contractions, but I had a great mom and grandma that watched Addy for me, and a great sister that stayed in the hospital with me. The rest of the trip, we had fun catching up and doing as much shopping as possible while my awesome mom watched most the kids for us. We even attempted to go to lunch, but had to leave half way through due to an accidental consumption of peanut oil by my cute nephew that is possibly allergic to peanuts. These unexpected events are not uncommon with us. I'm pretty sure it has been years since we have been able to peacefully eat at a restaurant (I guess that comes with the territory of having kids).
Addy had so much fun with her cousins, aunts and grandmas.
Hopefully we will be able to do this in another 2-3 months (at least).

It took about 5.2 seconds for Addy to fall asleep after we left.

5 comments:

  1. If you want, I can leave more than one comment, that's what sisters are for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sure fun to spend time together, thanks for making it happen. Anytime you want to go to lunch and take two bites then throw it in a bag and run through the halls of the mall I'll come too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe next time I should stay home, that way you guys might get a more relaxing meal. It was great to see you guys. We should get together more often so Baileigh doesn't forget that Addy can walk and talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun with your family. Always fun to get away and play. Sorry you had to go to the hospital. Hope everything is ok. Need anything let me know. Even if I need to take Addy so you guys can have a break. Glad you are here to play. Love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're blogging too! It's true, there is something very special about sisters! Even though I rarely got along with my older sister growing up, we are best friends now. We have those little Dr. Suess books too...they are great! Scary that you had to go to the hospital, I'm glad everything is ok :)

    ReplyDelete